Employ ME: Employability Skills Training
Hello and welcome to the Employ ME course!
This course is designed to help explore and develop employability skills that are essential to being successful in the working world.
Who is this course for?
This course has been designed for care experienced young people aged 16-25 years old, who are not currently in Employment, Education and/or Training or who are approaching leaving formal education and need some extra help on their next steps. What's best is, it's completely FREE!
What's included in the course?
The course is broken up into 6 sessions hosted on our virtual platform Teachable and 3 live webinar sessions. The topics that we will be covering over the Employ ME virtual course are:
- Introduction to the Working World
- Gaining Experience: Building a Solid Foundation for Work
- Searching for Work: Professional Communication and Social Media
- Support at Work: Health & Wellbeing and Diversity & Inclusion
- CV Writing & Job Applications
- The Final Hurdle: Interview Techniques
The live webinars will include:
- Planning, Doing and Reviewing
- Student Mentality: Learning Techniques
- Building a Portfolio: Careers advice for the creative, cultural and arts sector
We will be providing every young person who completes the course, with a £50 voucher to help them access resources and materials to support with school, employment and/or training.
Where can I go for extra support?
employers to provide work experience opportunities and support for Employ ME course participants. To access this opportunity, email [email protected]